The register of deeds has the power to take acknowledgments, administer oaths, and certify that same by his/her signature. The registrar must keep a book in which every instrument filed for record in his/her office is entered and an official seal. The register of deeds may appoint one or more deputies for whose acts the registrar will be responsible. The deputy may not be the county treasurer, sheriff, clerk or surveyor. If a register of deeds is not elected pursuant to section 32-518, the county clerk shall act as ex officio register of deeds.
Note: The Clerk's office will not do searches of the records. Please hire an abstractor for any required searches.
- Stanton County Levy List: County Levies
- Stanton County GIS Data website: stanton.gworks.com
- Nebraska Department Revenue: www.revenue.nebraska.gov
- Property Assessment Division: www.revenue.nebraska.gov/pad
- Assessment Calendar, Information Guides, etc
- Simplifile: www.simplifile.com
- Nebraska Deeds Online: nebraskadeedsonline.us